The Dallas Arboretum needs volunteers that can coordinate a regularly scheduled walk through the Children’s Garden, inventory the operational status of the garden’s 100+ interactive gaming units, and help the Arboretum in the maintenance and replacement of those outdoor units. When a unit is found to be non-operational, the Arboretum would like a group of volunteers that have the technical skill set to assist in the diagnosis, repair, and replacement of its units. Additionally, the Arboretum has just launched a replacement project that will require dedicated attention to replacing its 100+ outdoor gaming units with new tablet units and making sure they work properly. Our ideal solution is a group of volunteers that can team up and really own the visitor experience by making sure each visit to the Children’s Garden is technologically problem free. Below are those specific skills required to repair and maintain the units.
· Professional background in Technology Hardware support that includes, but not limited to, the replacement of hard drives, fans, and repairs of minor electrical duties related to trouble shooting technology problems
· Professional background in the installation and removal of desk top hardware or audio visual equipment
· Professional experience in the installation and testing of newly installed software
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. in outdoor areas with variances degrees of ground conditions
· Ability to walk distances to reach units throughout the 8.5-acre garden site
Let me know if you think this would be a great fit for you and we can get you set up with a training!