Prevent Blindness Texas serves to prevent blindness and preserve sight through providing free vision screenings to uninsured and underinsured adults and children throughout the state of Texas. Our Dallas office covers the entire North Texas region, which includes 119 counties. Through our vision screenings, we can connect individuals to low-cost eye exams and free eyeglasses.
This is an unpaid internship that provides hands-on community outreach experience in a nonprofit organization. Responsibilities include:
- attending screening events throughout the semester to help screen clients
- will be state-certified to provide these vision screenings by Prevent Blindness Texas
- must be available at least 10-12 hours a week (Mon-Fri) and work during one of the following shifts to fulfill the 10-12 hours: 8am-11am, 10am-1pm, or 12pm-3pm
- must have own transportation to our Dallas office or to screening events during shift
- Interest in public service or public health
- Pre-health/medicine/optometry students are welcome to apply!
Please submit a resume to Sonia Oladapo, North Texas Program Director at Soladapo@preventblindnesstexas.org
Share this volunteer opportunity!