Canine Companions Volunteer Chapter Communications Coordinator - Houston, TX Area
*Please note - volunteer must be located in Houston or surrounding areas in order to be successful in this position.
Volunteer Chapters are extensions of the regional centers in the communities they serve. As such, they coordinate with and report their activities to regional staff, and their work is supported by an array of resources provided by the organization.
The Gulf Coast Volunteer Chapter recently formed in 2018 and covers the Houston and surrounding gulf coast areas. The chapter leadership team is looking to fill the role of chapter communications coordinator.
Term: One year (with option to continue)
Time Commitment: Five to ten hours per month, depending on chapter activityOTHER EXPECTATIONS
- 75% attendance at leadership meetings (call and/or in person
- Support the activities of the chapter by participating in volunteer activities and attending chapter events.
The Communications Coordinator, under the direction of the regional staff PR Coordinator, will be responsible for managing internal and external communications for the volunteer chapter. Canine Companions chapter volunteers should always keep in mind that any collateral (newsletters, mailings, web pages, etc.) displaying the Canine Companions logo or other identifying characteristics of the organization will be perceived by the general public as official communications of Canine Companions. Accordingly, it’s important for all to be careful with content, and to guard against misinformation that could create a liability for the mission. As with every organization, message consistency and branding is an ongoing effort for Canine Companions. A good deal of study and expertise goes into crafting the most relevant content and delivery channels for Canine Companions-whether messaging on training, fundraising or graduate follow-up.
- Manage chapter website (Luminate CMS). Preferred skills should include HTML, Photoshop, In design
- Design and distribution of newsletters and emails
- Manage social media engagement
- Design and distribution of photo, flyers and brochures.
- Archiving events, photographs, awards, and programs