Be a Support System for Teen Mothers- Childcare Volunteers Needed.
IMPORTANT: Please note that expressing interest on voly.org is not the end of the process, you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and she will guide you through the application and onboarding process for our volunteer program. Thank you.
Volunteer Childcare Program Assistant Role Description
Title: Childcare Program Assistant.
Purpose: To provide children with support and engaging activities during mom GED study time and life skills workshops.
Benefits: Make a difference in the lives of the children of teen mothers by providing supervision, and stimulating activities. Participating in our program builds leadership and relationship skills. Training in child development stages, child abuse, and activity building will be provided to enhance your experience.
Reports to: Volunteer/Partner Services Manager
1. Provide briefing / written progress reports to the Volunteer / Partner Services Manager at start and end of a shift.
2. Provide children with support and engaging activities during mom GED study time and life skills workshops.
3. Assists with crafts, games, or free-play.
4. Maintain overall safety.
5. Give child snacks if provided by the mom. Change diapers if comfortable.
6. Keep the playroom and childcare area clean and organized after every activity.
a. Wipe down toys and play area regularly, make sure everything is back in order.
b. Assist in maintaining the inventory of diapers and wipes.
7. Provide positive reinforcement and promote healthy, non-violent behaviors.
8. Follow all agency policies and procedures.
9. Maintain values of dignity, empowerment, and respect with all Alley’s House staff, volunteers, and clients.
10. Complete other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: You must be at least 16 years of age. You must be a positive role model and work well with the children we serve. Childcare Program Assistants should possess good communication and listening skills as well as knowledge of age-appropriate activities. Assistants must clear a criminal background check (be free of any felonies or crimes against children) prior to interaction with children.
Supervision: Alley’s House staff will provide a brief orientation and training prior to any interaction with children. A consultation will be provided on a regular basis.
Time Commitment: One 2 hour shift per week requested minimum commitment.