GED Volunteers Wanted: Help lead others on their path to success!
We'll give you the tools to help change a life! Do you enjoy teaching others? Have a passion for education? Join our GED classes as a Volunteer Educator and help guide attendees on their path to success.
Our spring semester begins the first full week of February and ends the last week of April. For our fall/spring semesters, we teach GED/High School Equivalency classes on a M, T, W or TH evening from 6pm-8pm at several locations.
- The class is divided into three classes: social studies/science, math, reading/language arts.
- Most volunteers volunteer for one class.
- Curriculum including syllabus, textbook, and suggested activities are provided as most volunteers are first time teachers.
- Our goal is to recruit enough instructors so that we can teach in a team approach, which will allow our instructors more flexibility in the classroom. As much as possible, our lessons are taught through engaging the students in activities. I can provide examples we have used in previous semesters if you like.
- A Background Check is required to volunteer for this opportunity.