UTD Campus Coordinator/Nonprofit Board Member
We have an amazing leadership opportunity for a UTD student who is ready to help a young nonprofit expand its volunteer program. If you like challenges and have a can-do attitude, you may love this volunteer position.
The Flashlight Project is a registered 501(c)3 organization.
We work to bring Christ's unconditional love and respect to the owners,
managers, and younger women in Dallas' erotic massage parlors. We have an
active outreach program and visit 19-20 parlors each month. We are the only
nonprofit to consistently visit the parlors and are breaking new ground.
The UTD Campus Coordinator/Board Member will serve a dual role for our nonprofit:
· Serve as a volunteer on the nonprofit’s board of directors for at least one year.
o Time commitment: One hour/month
· Work as a volunteer with The Flashlight Project’s founder for at least one year to develop from scratch a low-budget campus outreach program to attract more volunteers for the outreach team and raise awareness of the nonprofit.
o Time commitment: 5-10 hours/month. More time will be required in the beginning as you brainstorm ideas with the founder. After the program is implemented, fewer hours will probably be required.
· As a board member:
o Attend at least 85% of nonprofit board meetings. Meetings are typically on the weekend and last for approximately one hour. We meet 8-9 times each year. Meetings always start and end on time.
o Contribute ideas and suggestions during board meetings. This is crucial. We are a growing nonprofit, and your ideas are essential to our mission.
o Understand and support the nonprofit’s goals and programs.
o Serve as an ambassador for the nonprofit in the Dallas community so that donations will increase.
o Three months before the end of your service, work with the founder to find your replacement.
· As the UTD campus coordinator:
o Work with the founder to create from scratch a low-budget program to raise awareness on the UTD campus of the nonprofit’s mission and volunteer program.
o Contribute ideas to maximize the program’s effectiveness.
o Work independently to implement the program and meet deadlines.
o Keep the founder apprised of your progress. Stay in regular contact.
o Work with the founder to create speaking opportunities in dorm rooms, at student organization meetings, etc.
The ideal candidate will include the following:
· Be a current UTD student, male or female. Candidate should be at least a sophomore and have at least 12 months left before graduation.
· Preference will be given to students who can continue volunteering during the summer.
· Be at least 19-years old.
· Possess exceptional maturity and be very reliable.
· Be mentally flexible. As we build the nonprofit, the unexpected will happen. The ability to switch gears and go in a different direction when bumps happen is vital.
· Be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
· Be willing to volunteer ideas.
· Be a practicing Christian. While The Flashlight Project serves all women regardless of their beliefs, we do rely on our faith in Jesus Christ for guidance.
· Commit to attending at least 85% of board meetings and to arriving on time.
· Have access to a personal computer and email.
· Have reliable transportation.
· Pass a mandatory background check.
If you have a heart for showing Christ's love to the managers and women working in Dallas' erotic massage parlors and want to strengthen a nonprofit doing cutting-edge work in Dallas, please email Jeannine at email@example.com. Thank you.