Dallas Zoo Handyman Volunteer
Handyman: Volunteer Handyman will assist Zoo staff with routine tasks, such as repair and replacing of general hardware, assist with basic carpentry, and plumbing skills. Handymen will work to keep zoo property in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
Volunteer Handyman may assist in:
o Gathers tools and supplies to be used
o Assists staff with measuring, cutting and drilling.
o Maintains tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order.
o Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
· Be able to work efficiently in a standing position for long periods of time
· Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Mobility and flexibility to use ladders to heights in excess of 8 to 9 feet
· Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
For more information, email volunteers@DallasZoo.com
Or copy paste this link to our online application :