Help Transform the Lives of Teen Mothers in North Texas- Mentor for Young Mothers Needed (KICKS OFF MARCH 19TH)
IMPORTANT: Please note that expressing interest on voly.org is not the end of the process, you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and she will guide you through the application and onboarding process for our volunteer program. Thank you.
Volunteer Mentor for Young Mothers Role Description
Title: Mentor for Young Mothers.
Reports to: Volunteer/Partner Services Manager.
Purpose: A one-on-one mentoring program that matches female volunteers with teen moms. A mentor is a person or friend who guides a less experienced person by building trust and modeling positive behaviors. An effective mentor understands that his or her role is to be dependable, engaged, authentic, and tuned into the needs of the mentee.
1. Mentors develop relationships of trust and confidentiality with their mentees.
2. Mentors provide guidance and help their teen mom achieve her goals.
3. 2 scheduled activities required per month with a 1-year minimum commitment. Activities are scheduled based on mentor and teen mom availability.
4. Regular Check-ins with mentee and Volunteer/Partner Services Manager.
5. Activity reports to be turned into the Volunteer/Partner Services Manager monthly.
Desired Experience: Previous mentor experience preferred. Some experience with teens, youth or children also helpful. Minimum age: 21.