Job Training and Employment
LEAD GED Tutor Needed- Help Transform the Lives of Teen Mothers in North Texas.
IMPORTANT: Please note that expressing interest on voly.org is not the end of the process, you need to email email@example.com with your contact information and she will guide you through the application and onboarding process for our volunteer program. Thank you.
Volunteer Lead General Education Development (GED) Tutor Role Description
Title: Lead GED Tutor.
Purpose: As a Lead GED Tutor, you will be spearheading the tutorial session during programming hours and coordinating other individual GED tutors for the different sections, providing academic, technical, and information assistance to our participants who are working toward completing their GED.
Reports to: Volunteer/Partner Services Manager.
1. 1. Provide positive reinforcement and promote healthy, non-violent behaviors.
2. 2. Follow all agency policies and procedures.
3. 3. Maintain values of dignity, empowerment, and respect with all Alley’s House staff, volunteers, and clients.
4. 4. Daily reports to the Volunteer / Partner Services Manager on schedules and timely progress reports on teen moms.
5. 5. Lecture teen moms on any section with little or no supervision, in the absence of an individual tutor.
6. 6. Tutor teen moms individually or in small groups to develop literacy, numeracy and study skills for the GED test.
7. 7. Keep records of attendance, tutorial sessions, and monitoring student progress over time.
8. 8. Participates in relevant training as required.
9. 9. Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
10. 10. Keep moms motivated and focused on studying tasks.
1. 1. Retired teachers preferred.
2. 2. High School Diploma/GED required.
3. 3. Willing to tutor on a consistent basis for a minimum of a month, but open to flexibility.
4. 4. Experienced in the four core sections of the GED Test areas i.e.
o Social Studies
o Reading / Writing
5. 5. Impeccable classroom management skills required.
6. 6. Clear and consistent communicator.
7. 7. Must be comfortable working independently.
Supervision: Consultation will be provided on a regular basis.
Time Commitment: Should be able to commit to a full daily shift of at least 4 hours of tutoring from Tuesday- Friday of scheduled week.