Client Processing-Practice your Spanish while helping clients register for the food pantry!
To get started, please fill out a volunteer application here:
- Call client numbers in order that they were
- Collect required paperwork from clients
- Create and update client profiles using the
Crossroads client database
- Connect clients with intake and pantry
volunteers as appropriate
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the
front desk and waiting room
Time Commitment: Once a week for at least 3 hours with a minimum commitment of 2 months. Available hours are as follows:
- Monday: 12:30 – 3:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 – 11:30am and 12:30 – 3:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 – 11:30am and 12:30 – 3:30pm
- Thursday: 8:30 – 11:30am and 12:30 – 3:30pm
- Friday: 8:30 – 11:30am
Qualifications: Volunteers must be
friendly, customer-service focused and open to working with individuals from
any background. English/Spanish bilingual is strongly preferred, but not
required. Basic computer skills needed.
Orientation and Training: All
volunteers are required to attend and complete a volunteer orientation before
starting their service. Client Processing Volunteers will receive additional
training from the Client Services Coordinator.
Benefits: opportunities to practice
Spanish; relationship building; customer service experience; direct client
Appropriate For: Individuals looking to make a long-term commitment.