JA Finance Park
Through hands-on classroom activities and site-based or virtual experiences, JA Finance Park students build a foundation for making intelligent, lifelong personal-finance decisions.
Dec 05, 2018 8:30AM
1 Shifts Available
Richardson ISD Professional Development Center 701 W. Belt Line Rd.
Richardson, TX 75080
More DetailsThrough hands-on classroom activities and site-based or virtual experiences, JA Finance Park students build a foundation for making intelligent, lifelong personal-finance decisions. The program includes hands-on in-school activities that culminate in a visit to a JA Finance Park facility or mobile unit.
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
* Identify personal interests, skills, work preferences, and values.
* Identify career interests.
* Evaluate the risks and benefits of saving and investing.
* Evaluate risk and recognize insurance as a way to minimize it.
* Define taxes; explain their purpose; and understand how they affect everyone.
* Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using credit and debit cards.
* Explain who uses a budget and why.
* Identify the components of a successful budget.
* Create a successful budget using hypothetical life situations.
Please contact Jordyn Singer at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering!