Feeding Kids, Fueling Futures
The key program at Hunger Busters is focused on feeding kids, fueling futures by providing a much-needed third meal of the day to food-insecure children in Dallas Independent School District through its signature "Feed the Need" after school program.
Feb 25, 2019 9:45AM
1 Shifts Available
3116 Sylvan Ave
Dallas, TX 75212
More DetailsMeal Preparation Overview:
- Volunteers will assist and help prepare meals for students in the Dallas Independent School District.
- Volunteers will follow the instructions of the on-site Production Manager.
- Volunteers will maintain kitchen cleanliness at all time.
- Volunteers must wash their hands and wear gloves while handling bread, meat and dairy products at all time.
- Volunteers will make ham and cheese sandwiches, then cut them in half and bag them using the automated bagging machine.
- Volunteers will assemble the meals (using an assembly line process) into a brown paper bag with an apple and/or orange, applesauce, sandwich and dessert and then pack them into large cooler bags for delivery.
- Volunteers will assist in cleaning the kitchen (sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning tables, breaking down boxes, throwing out the trash, etc.
All Volunteers must Register with Hunger Busters, please visit www.hungerbusters.com/volunteer, then following instructions in the "Thank You" letter.
Volunteer Hours are as follows: (all shifts are two (2) hours)
Sunday: 10am-12pm, 1-3pm or 3-5pm
Monday through Wednesday: 10am-12pm or 2:30-4:30pm
(For Groups, We are flexible on times as needed, for example we can change to 9-11am or 3-5pm)
Friday & Saturday: Closed