Social Services: Children & Youth
Here are a few skill-based opportunities and possible group projects for your organization to get involved. These opportunities are the behind-the-scenes work critical in supporting our staff and ensuring our girls are served with excellence.
Oct 22, 2018 9:00AM
1 Shifts Available
P.O. Box 801025
Dallas, TX 75380
- Food Assistant: Sign up to pick-up critical food donations and deliver to a drop location blocks from POETIC. This role does not engage with POETIC girls. Engagement with staff only. Daytime, evening, and weekend opportunities.
- Office Assistant: Dedicate set hours each week to assisting with office coordination to include administrative support. Daytime opportunity. Assumes commitment of 4-8 hours per week. Background check required.
- Graphic Design: Use your creative skills to support POETIC marketing materials and social media content. This volunteer opportunity is done offsite. Flexible hours. Engagement with staff only.
- Social Media: Develop a social media calendar, create social media posts with input from staff, organize content and aid in developing and engaging followers. This volunteer opportunity is done offsite. Flexible hours. Engagement with staff only.
- IT Support: Help staff troubleshoot IT challenges. Assist in identifying IT needs. Assist in soliciting tech donations.
- Salesforce Guru: Help staff fully utilize and troubleshoot our CRM software, Salesforce, to be most effective for POETIC.
- Public Relations: Seeking a passionate storyteller to take a leadership role writing press releases and engaging local media. Flexible hours.
- Photographer: Donate your photography skills to help capture images for POETIC’s photo library. Flexible hours. Daytime and evening opportunities.
- Fitness Professional: Seeking certified fitness professionals to lead classes for POETIC girls. Classes will happen on-site at POETIC. Background check required.
- CPA: Donate your time to assist with POETIC's accounting needs. The request is to take a working role owning execution of monthly accounting tasks. Flexible hours. Work can be completed offsite.
- Cleaning Crew: Sign up to help maintain a warm and welcoming environment for POETIC girls by donating time on Friday to clean and aid in ongoing organization at POETIC. Engagement with staff only.
- Lead a Donation Drive: Rally your friends, family and network to gather much needed supplies for POETIC girls in the areas of personal care items, art supplies, school supplies, groceries, beverages, and snack food. Engagement with staff only.
- Build Welcome Bags: Support POETIC girls by creating welcome bags with essential items like toiletries and clothing for every girl we serve. POETIC staff will provide a list of recommended items. Engage a group of friends and build these fun bags for POETIC girls to enjoy.
- Holiday Party Planner: Take on the planning of a party for POETIC girls. Collect needed supplies and aid in set-up. Engagement with staff only.
- Retail Relationship Builder: Become an ambassador for POETIC girls and engage local retailers to donate gift cards, in-kind items and more to provide supplies critical to program delivery. Templated materials provided along with staff support.