NTxGiving Day Hunger Busters Project
Hunger Busters serves Southwest Dallas ISD through its signature "Feed the Need" after-school program. Annually, Hunger Busters provides 350,000 meals to 11 DISD schools and six after-school programs. With the help of committed, volunteers, continuing and new partners, and donors, Hunger Busters takes a big bite out of Dallas' childhood hunger epidemic.
Date: Thursday, September 20
Time: 10 am-12 pm
(Volunteers need to arrive 15 minutes early for instructions)
Location: 3116 Sylvan Avenue, Dallas
Volunteers needed: up to 40
Volunteers are needed to
Assemble sandwiches and prepare bagged meals for DISD students served by Hunger Busters.
Volunteers are invited to bring one or more packages of store-bought cookies (from the cookie aisle – not the bakery) for their cookie drive.
· Volunteers may park inside the gated fence or along Pueblo Street. Hunger Busters is not responsible for any theft or damage done to any volunteer vehicle and/or property.
· Children, seven (7) years of age or older are welcome to volunteer.
· All attire must be clean and in good taste. All wording and drawings must not contain anything lewd, obscene, and profane content or that could be construed as offensive.
· Shirts that do not completely cover the underarms or belly button (muscle shirts, tank tops, halter tops, etc.) are not allowed.
· All personnel shall wear proper footwear at all times. No bare feet, shower shoes, open toes or slippers are allowed at any time inside the kitchen.
proud North Texas Giving Day sponsor, VolunteerNow is coordinating
“10 Days of Volunteering” in partnership with Communities Foundation of Texas to
support the spirit of giving in advance of the 10th anniversary of Giving Day,
September 20, 2018 (6 a.m.-midnight). VOLY.org, powered by VolunteerNow, is the
24/7 connection between volunteers and local service opportunities.