Board Members Needed For Agency Capacity Building
Major responsibilities of board members:
- Uphold all legalities
related to Mission Bridges bylaws, the
State of Texas and Internal Revenue Service 501
- Lead and advise the
organization in accordance with
- Organize the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Oversee and monitor policies and procedures
- Financial management, including the adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversee program planning and evaluation
- Advise, evaluate, and assist with the professional development of executive staff
- Review organizational and programmatic reports
- Promote the organization to Mission Bridges constituencies and the community at-large
- Assist with fundraising and the formation of strategic partnerships
Length of term: Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of two consecutive terms for a total of nine years, pending board approval.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors typically meets on the second Tuesday of each month, 11:30 a.m., 210 South Mesquite, Arlington, Texas 76010. Meetings typically last 90 minutes.
- Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend a minimum of two special events per year. TBD.
Expectations of board members:
- To act in the best interests of Mission Bridges, and to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point.
- To avoid conflicts of interest and make notice of them when they arise.
- To attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- To participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- To be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by mission, objectives, and programs.
- To help communicate and
Mission Bridges' missionand programs to the community.
- To be familiar with Mission Bridges finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- To be familiar with Mission Bridges policies and procedures.
- To financially support and promote Mission Bridges in a manner commensurate with one’s ability to raise or donate a minimum of $1200 annually or $100 per month.