POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2 positions total, one volunteer assigned to each day per week.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To manage correspondence and distributions of correspondence received on email@example.com email.
TIME REQUIREMENT: Approximately 2 hours per week.
· Volunteers are assigned to a day each week to:
o Respond to all inquiries received regarding adoptable pets within 24 hours of receipt.
o Forward applications to adoption counselors for review and approval.
o Forward any other correspondence received to appropriate volunteer or team.
o Log and update applications received and adoption application status.
o Submit end of day report logging items completed and any pertinent remaining items to team prior to logging off for the day.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Correspondence with potential adoptive families, other adoption hotline and other adoption team members on a regular basis. Correspondence with foster families and foster team volunteers on a semi-regular basis. Correspondence with other teams as needed.
CONTROLS OVER WORK: This position reports to the Adoption Hotline Team Lead and Adoption Team Director.
· Must be proficient with use of email.
· Ability to work virtually (phone, email) at least one day per week on a consistent basis.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and maintain professional level writing quality in correspondence at all times.
· Must be organized and skilled at record-keeping.