Sexual Violence Prevention Education Fellowship
Job Title: Prevention Education Fellow
Reports to: Primary Prevention Coordinator and Prevention Educator
- Complete OAG mandated survivor advocate training (40 hours)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of sexual assault prevention education curricula, primary prevention model, and education presentations
- Deliver EPIC prevention education presentations regarding bullying, sexual harassment, and/or sexual assault to local middle schools, high schools, colleges, and community organizations
- Enter presentation evaluation results and population demographics into salesforce database and excel spreadsheets
- Establish new partnerships for education presentations and sponsorship opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate from a social sciences or human services program
- Experience in public speaking, community organizing or outreach
- Knowledge of issues related to sexual violence prevention
- Prior experience working with or teaching youth
- Ability to commit 15-20 hours per week
Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in sexual violence prevention, advocacy, and/or other related services. This position requires an attention to detail, an adequate level of technological competency, a demonstrated interest in working with youth of our community, flexibility, time management, punctuality, and the ability to work under emotionally charged conditions. An ability to speak Spanish is strongly preferred, but not required. We strongly encourage upper level undergraduate students, currently enrolled graduate students, and/or graduates who have studied sociology, psychology, public health, or related social sciences to apply.
The sum-fall cycle application is currently open and will close on January 27th, 2017. Candidates are being considered to start in Spring 2017 semester. The academic cycle application opens June 2nd, 2017 and closes on July 21st, 2017. For interested candidates, please send the completed Prevention Education Fellowship Application, a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the sexual violence prevention movement, and an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.