Patient Visitors for our Hospital Elder Life Program
Are you seeking an interactive, engaging role that truly helps patients? This could be the opportunity for you! Join the JPS H.E.L.P. team. This program is designed to support patients 60+ who can benefit from additional personal care & attention.
Mar 22, 2018
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76104
More DetailsThis volunteer opportunity involves in-depth visits with our elder patients, and requires additional training with our medical team.
HELP offers special services to patients in this program that include:
- Daily Visits
- Therapeutic Activities
- Feeding Assistance
- Mobility Assistance and Exercise
- Assisting with assessments
- Age 18+
- Reliable and caring; enjoy working with older people
- Mature with good judgment
- Able to relate with sensitivity to all patients
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility
- Ability to refer all medical questions and health concerns to hospital team members
HELP volunteers will be trained to work with patients in each of the service areas mentioned above. These volunteers are also responsible for documenting patient interaction in the computer. Volunteers will be trained on how to access the HELP site in order to enter notes electronically.