The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations to persuasively communicate the mission and programs.
Jun 02, 2017
Your Home, Tx 75089
More DetailsThe Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations to persuasively communicate the mission and programs of Friends of Rowlett Animals (FRAs), a 501(c)(3) organization, to potential funders. Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner;
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements;
- Creating boilerplate text that can form the basis for all of our grants.
The Grant Writer will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are desired. Experience with using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information is preferred. A familiarity with charitable databases like Raisers Edge and Foundation Center is a plus. A solid understanding of budgets, as they relate to proposals and grants, is essential. Three to five years of relevant experience is preferred.