Social Media Marketing
More DetailsAbout Metro Relief: Metro Relief partners with local volunteers to help homeless people step off the streets and into healthy, whole, and independent living. We are looking for volunteers who want to be grassroots changemakers in DFW homeless communities.
Social Media Champion Role Description:
- Build and maintain an active social media presence across our primary channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), as well as secondary channels (LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc) where skills allow
- Assist in developing, curating, and posting blog content
- Through storytelling, help highlight our successes and drive engagement in our community
- Collaborate with other contributors on major social media campaigns
There will also be many opportunities to learn about the program and fundraising side of our work, and get more involved, is so desired.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience and interest in social media. Active on all our primary social media channels and at least one secondary channel
- Highly self-motivated. Ability to complete tasks independently, while staying in communication with Metro Relief's Marketing staff
- Compassion for the homeless population
- Sense of humor and collaboration
The time commitment will vary from week to week and is dependent on the efficiency and experience of the volunteer. Volunteers will be expected, however, to prepare for regular posting, even if this is done in bulk through a social media scheduler.