Community Tax Center Street Team
Just three hours a week will assist Community Tax Centers with spreading the word about our No Cost Tax preparation and e-filing services.
Job Title: Street Team
Organization: Foundation Communities is an Austin-based nonprofit organization that has been creating housing and economic empowerment programs where families succeed since 1989.
Program: Community Tax Centers is a program of Foundation Communities .Community Tax Centers is a volunteer-based program that provides low-and moderate income taxpayers free tax preparation assistance, financial education, and opportunities to improve and/or develop assets.
Reports to: Community Tax Center Office Manager
General Job Function: The Dallas Community Tax Centers are currently seeking individuals to fill the positions of Street Team. Seeking friendly and outgoing with excellent people skills to easily engage and educate the community about our no cost tax preparation services day, evening and weekend schedules. This role requires someone passionate about educating and informing the community and is not afraid to begin conversations with strangers. Bilingual Spanish skills are required.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Tabling at community events
· Block walking distributing flyers to businesses in certain zip codes
· Presentations to community group
· High School Diploma or GED
· Oral and written language proficiency in English required
· One-year Customer Service experience
· Must have reliable transportation, a current Texas driver’s license, and evidence of auto liability insurance
Demonstrated Competencies: Strong communication skills, works well with diverse populations of clients and volunteers. Works well in a fast-paced environment. Professional demeanor a must.
Bilingual in English and Spanish