Be an Advocate for Survivors of Sexual Violence
Help reduce the trauma a survivor experiences from sexual violence. Provide unbiased emotional support and information to survivors, family members and friends. Help survivors understand their choices and support them in selecting their options.
- Crisis Intervention
- Emotional support
- Provide resources
- Take crisis hotline or hospital accompaniment shifts when available, preferably at least one (1) shift per month.
- Ability to empathize and provide non-judgmental support
- Good listening skills
- Reliable transportation
- Weekend and evening availability
- Ability to complete 40 hours of training certified by the Office of the Attorney General (Tues & Thurs nights)
- Take a minimum of 1 shift per month